Remember MapQuest? Sure you do! The first popular mapping application, MapQuest is still alive and well.
But you can still get a listing there or fix your business information for free – all you have to do is ask!
- To request an update, you will need the current business name, address and phone number, exactly as it appears on their site.
- If you are creating a new listing, you will need:
- Your official business name – don’t add descriptions or keywords
- Address of your business
- Your primary business phone number
- URL of your business web site
- Up to Six SIC Business Category codes . If you’re not sure what category your business is, just give them a short description and they’ll assign something appropriate.
- Latitude and Longitude coordinates of your building. If you go to Google maps (ironic, huh?) and click on your building on the map, the latitude and longitude will show up in your browser URL bar. They will look something like this:
- Fill out the support request form https://help.mapquest.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=99678 with your request and the necessary information. Choose “Business Listings on MapQuest” as your issue. The Business Support team will review your request and notify you when it’s approved.
Not sure how to get your latitude and longitude?
You can get this from your GPS or smartphone. If you’re at a computer (desktop or laptop), ironically, its easiest to do this through Google maps.
- Go to Google Maps
- Search for your business’ address
- Zoom in until you can see your building (might be easiest in Earth view)
- Click on the entrance to your building on the map.
- This will put a URL with your latitude and longitude in your browser’s URL bar. It will look something like this:
Use these numbers (include the minus sign if there is one, no commas or @ sign) for the latitude and longitude in your request.